If You Have An Accident
- Call 911 if anyone is injured.
- Get names, addresses, phone numbers, make of vehicles, license plate numbers, and driver’s license numbers of all other drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Get all other drivers' insurance information (company, policy number, and contact info).
- If you don’t have something to write down the information use your phone’s camera to take pictures of their information.
- Carefully examine damage to other vehicles.
- Do not admit fault.
- Call the police if there are injuries or if the other party(s) are uncooperative.
- Take photos of the accident location and the vehicles involved.
- Only discuss the accident with the police or with your insurance representative.
- Notify your insurance company immediately. The phone number will be on your insurance ID card.
Call us during our normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM Pacific) at 714-842-2523 if you have any questions.
Find company claim phone numbers
Here is a list of additional info that will be helpful when you report the accident to your insurance company:
- Date & time of accident.
- City, street or intersection where accident happened.
- Road and weather conditions.
- Direction & speed of both vehicles.
- Did police take a report? What police department and case number?
- Detailed description of what happened.